Follow these steps to mark your ballot using the BMD:
1. Decide how you will access and mark the ballot (see options left).
2. Insert your ballot into the feed tray.
3. Select your preferred language.
4. Select each candidate and/or issue for which you intend to mark a vote.
- Your selections will be highlighted in yellow on the screen and will be read through the headphones.
- Make sure the oval is filled in black.
5. For write-in candidates, select "Write-in."
- Select letters to type the name of a candidate and select "OK."
6. After completing your ballot, review your selections.
- To change a selection, select the contest or issue you would like to change and reselct the proper choice. Select "NEXT" to return to the summary screen.
7. When finished, select "NEXT." Select "Mark Ballot" to print your marked ballot.
8. Take your printed ballot to the scanner area.
- If you would like assistance inserting your ballot into the scanner, a poll worker will assist you.